Tier Ranking Books

  I was really bored one day so I decided to do this. Overall I ranked about 45 books. Here is my tier list.


  I'm going to go over each tier and the books I've placed there working from the bottom up. 

Amazon.com: The Crown (The Selection Book 5) eBook: Cass, Kiera ... Hate It

  So I have four books on this list. These are the books that I hated. 
  The first book on this list is Rose and the Lost Princess by Holly Webb. I remember hating this so much when I read this book. 
  Out of all the books on the Hate It tier, The Crown is my favorite. I loved the book for the most part but what put it on the Hate It list was the ending. I just couldn't handle the ending. And because I loved The Selection so much, I just couldn't bear a bad ending. Don't get me wrong, I love Kiera Cass and The Selection series, I just didn't like the ending. 
  Shouting at the Rain was a book I had to read for school and I hated it. This book wasn't as bad as Fish in a Tree which is by the same author. 
  The last book is We Hunt the Flame. I heard so many good things about it so I was so psyched to read it. I ended up DNFing it about 200 pages in because it was so boring. 

Meh

  The next tier is Meh. These are the books that I didn't absolutely hate but didn't like a lot. There are five books on this tier. 
Sophia's War: A Tale of the Revolution: Avi: 9781442414426: Amazon ...  The first is Best. Night. Ever. This was a reread for me and I didn't enjoy it as much as the first which is why it's in the Meh tier. 
  Next is The Secret Files of Fairday Morrow. I liked this book but it's not a favorite series of mine.
  Matched by Ally Condie is a book that I read in a book club with some friends. We each had different feelings towards the book. One friend loved it, one only liked the world-building, and I just thought it went by slowly. 
  Sophia's War by Avi was another book club book. Not my favorite but I did enjoy it. 
  The last book on this tier is Maybe a Mermaid. I think when I read this book, that week I was in a reading slump so it isn't in a higher tier. 

Okay

Rose Legacy: George, Jessica Day: 9781599906478: Amazon.com: Books  The Okay Tier is the tier for books that I enjoyed but weren't that amazing to be on the Great Tier. There are seven books in this tier. 
  The first book is The Rose Legacy by Jessica Day George. I want to read the next book in this series, but I wouldn't consider it a favorite series though. I actually have book two, The Queens Secret on my TBR but I just haven't gotten around to it. 
  Nevermoor is the next book in this tier. I want the next book, but I have yet to have the motivation to buy it at the bookstore. 
  I love the Miss  Peregrines Peculiar Children series but the first book, Miss Peregrines Home For Peculiar Children wasn't my favorite. I think my favorite in the series is A Map of Days.
  Orphan Monster Spy by Matt Killeen went by really slowly so that's why it's in the okay tier. The plot was amazing. 
  The Best Laid Plans by Cameron Lund is the next book on this tier. I don't know why I put it here, but I just did.
  I liked Blue Skies but I kind of don't at the same time. 
  I really liked Sea Witch for the most part. There were a few chapters that just moved so slowly. That's it for the Okay tier. On to the next! 

Great Books

Amazon.com: Struck By Lightning: The Carson Phillips Journal ...  The next tier is the Great Books Tier. These are the books that were great. I loved these ones. 
  First is As Old as Time by Liz Braswell. I got to meet the author too which was so cool! This is definitely a series I want to continue this series.
  Next is another Beauty and the Beast retelling, The Beast Within by Serena Valentino. This is book two in the Villians series. I've read the first four books and they were pretty.
  Struck by Lightning by Chris Colfer is the next book on this tier. I read this book over the summer and it was great! Chris Colfer is one of my favorite middle-grade authors and it was interesting to read one of his young adult books.
  The Mall by Megan McCafferty was an ARC I read recently. It was really good and I liked it a lot.
  Words on Fire by Jennifer A. Neilsen is the next book. There was this huge chunk that I didn't really like.  
Amazon.com: The Modern Faerie Tales: Tithe; Valiant; Ironside ...  The next book is The Modern Faerie Tales by Holly Black. This book contains all the books in the Modern Faerie Tale series. So there's Tithe, Valient, and Ironside. I didn't really like Valient too much which is why it's in the Great Tier. I loved Tithe and Ironside. Those two were really good.
  I'm going to talk about A Wish in the Dark. I have a lot of fun posts centered around this book. A Wish in the Dark is a reimagining of Les Miserables by Victor Hugo.
  The next book on this tier is another ARC that came out in February. Miss You Love You Hate You Bye by Abby Sher was a pretty good book.
  Fairest of All is the first book in the Villains series by Serena Valentino. It's a retelling of the Evil Queens backstory from Snow White.
  The last book in this tier is a graphic novel. The Tell-Tale Heart was beautifully illustrated. The short story was originally by Edgar Allen Poe.   

YES! YES! YES!

  This tier is for the books that are on the border of being my favorite book. These books are amazing and were on the verge of being one of my all-time favorites. 
  The first book is Mistress of All Evil by Serena Valentino. This is the fourth book in the Villains series and was Malecifents backstory.
Amazon.com: The Betrothed (9780062291639): Cass, Kiera: Books  After that is The Magic Misfits by Neil Pattrick Harris. I have a review for the second book in this series too.
  The next book is Forged in Fire and Stars by Andrea Robertson. This is an ARC that comes out in May.
  The Betrothed by Kiera Cass is another ARC coming out in May. Both this one and the last were thrilling reads and I loved both.
  Black Beauty by Anna Swell is one of my favorite Classics. It's about a horse living in the 1800s. This horse (Black Beauty) is transferred from one owner to the next. The book is also told from Black Beauty's perspective too.
  The next book is Happily Ever After by Kiera Cass. This is the companion novel to The Selection series.
  I read The Book Thief back in December and it was so good. It was easy to see why this was an international bestseller.
  Witch Born is another book I read back in December. Both this one and the last are historical fiction.
  The last book on this tier is A Castle in the Clouds by Kirsten Gier. This was the first ARC I read and it was amazing! Even better, this book was a mystery. 

The Absolute Best

Love & Gelato: Jenna Evans Welch: 9783959670913: Amazon.com: Books  This tier has all of my favorite books that I just adore.
  The first book is The Year After You by Nina de Pass. This definitely one of my favorite contemporary novels. It was a bit sad but I loved the story.
  Next is Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard. I want the next book in this series so badly. I loved the first one so, so much.
  The Land of Stories by Chris Colfer was my favorite series for the longest time. It still my favorite middle-grade book.
  Love & Gelato is the next book and is my favorite book. This one reigns above it all. I don't think anything could top it. I have the sequel, Love & Luck and the third book in this series, Love & Olives, comes out in July. 
  Next is A Tale of Magic by Chris Colfer. I had a whole countdown going for this book and I'm excited for the sequel to come out too.
  The Alex & Eliza Trilogy is probably my favorite historical fiction. I'm obsessed with the musical Hamilton so of course, I needed a book to go along with it!
  The next book is also about Alexander Hamilton. I sang my way through Hamilton and Peggy by L.M. Elliott
  The Selection is one of my all-time favorite series. I think I read the whole series in less than two weeks. It just flew by. I loved it so, so much.
  The last book on my tier list is Onyx & Ivory by Mindee Arnett.

  That's all I have for today so goodbye everyone!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My 5 Favorite Quotes From Clap When You Land

Fairest of All by Serena Valentino

Bloom by Kevin Panetta