We Hunt the Flame by Hafsah Faizal (DNF) + WESteen Reader Haul

Page Count: 472 pages (Hardcover)
Published: May 14, 2019
Rating: 1 star
Series: Sands of Arawiya book 1
Genre: Fantasy


   Zafia is the Hunter. If she was ever discovered to be a woman, all her accomplishments would be overlooked. Naiser is the Prince of Death. He murders those who speak out against the Sultan. He strives to prove himself to his father, who seems unimpressed with every victim who dies. The White Witch sends both Zafia and Naiser on a hunt that can bring back the magic. But Zafia and Naiser both have very different intentions for this object.
  This book was so incredibly boring. The only interesting parts were the ones that included Kulsum. For the most part, this book was slow-moving and dull. I just couldn't take it anymore so I had to put it down. I couldn't get myself into the story so I decided to stop wasting time on this book and read something that I'll actually enjoy.
  This story seemed largely inspired by Alladin. The setting largely reflected Agraba.



  Last Wednesday was the WESteen Readers book club. I only got one book so I decided it wasn't worth doing a whole post for it. The book I got was The Best Laid Plans by Cameron Lund. Here is the synopsis from the back of the book:

Already binged all the rom-coms you can find? Don't worry, Cameron Lund's hilarious swoony debut has everything you're looking for:


    The Best Laid Plans
  • Hot guy guys
  • Flirty text messages
  • Awkward mix-ups
  • Inside jokes
  • Steamy kisses
  • Lots of pizza
  • Secret crushes
  • Epic prom drama
  • Friends to lovers? TBD!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My 5 Favorite Quotes From Clap When You Land

Fairest of All by Serena Valentino

Bloom by Kevin Panetta