Glader Names: The Maze Runner


*WARNING MAZE RUNNER SPOILERS*

In The Maze Runner, every character is nicknamed after a famous scientist. Not everyone's name was very obvious so here's a list of the Glader's names.

These ones were said aloud in the book, but I'm including them on the list anyway.

Thomas- Thomas Eddison
Newt- Issac Newton
Alby- Albert Einstien
Chuck- Charles Darwin

The next few were still fairly obvious but a little harder to figure out.

Treasa- Mother Treasa
Harriet- Harriet Tubman
Henry- Henry Ford
Ben- Benjamin Franklin

Here are the rest of the names that I didn't find so obvious until I looked them up.

Gally- Galileo Gallei
Zart- Mozart
Aris- Aristotle
Lee- Leonardo Davinci
Jeff- Thomas Jefferson
Nick- Nikola Tesla
Clint- Bill Clinton
Venice- Vincent Van Gough
Frankie- Franklin Roosevelt

Here are a few names I want to talk about to give more context.

Winston
Many fans think that Winston is either Winston Churchill or Robert Winston. Personally, I agree with the first guess of him being Winston Churchill.

Frypan
Frypan's real name is Siggy, so everyone thinks his name is Sigmund Freud. But then I saw someone online say there was a man named Joseph Fry. Joesph Fry created the candy bar. This would make sense because Frypan is a cook.


You might notice that there one name missing from the list. Minho. He doesn't have a famous counterpart. James Dashner even confirmed it. Minho was named after the fiancee of Dashner's niece.

That's it for today! I love The Maze Runner series and would definitely recommend checking it out. I thought that this would be a fun little cheat sheet to figuring out the names so I hope you enjoyed it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My 5 Favorite Quotes From Clap When You Land

Fairest of All by Serena Valentino