Struck by Lighting by Chris Colfer

Carson Phillips lives in the small town of Clovis, California. His family was never easy. His father left years ago and his mother might as well be high. With hi snark attitude, Carson has drams of attending Northwestern College at the end of his senior year. But his dreams of escaping the small town comes at a cost. To increase his chances of getting into Northwestern, he has to submit a literary magazine. With a school full of people who hate writing, blackmail is the only choice. With his friend Marley by his side, Carson might finally the small cage of Clovis he's trapped in.

I LOVED this book and it's definitely my new favorite stand-alone. I want to watch the movie now to which is Chris Colfer stars in. 

I read this book in about two days! There is so much drama in it. The blackmail in this book was incredibly built too.  Carson is snarky and full of crude humor. This book could make anyone laugh out loud, but be ready for the tear-jerking moments that follow.

Page Count: 272 pages

Published: November 20, 2012

My Rating: 5 stars

Genre: Contemporary 

My rating: 5 stars

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My 5 Favorite Quotes From Clap When You Land

Fairest of All by Serena Valentino

Bloom by Kevin Panetta