The Enchantress Returns by Chris Colfer

 Alex and Connor think of the Land of Stories every day. They long for the magical adventure they once had. One day, they get their wish. After their mother gets kidnapped by the feared Enchantress, Alex and Connor find a way back to the Land of Stories. With the help of Red Riding Hood, Goldilocks, Jack, and Froggy, the twins set out on a quest to complete the Wand of Wonderment- the only thing that can defeat the Enchantress.

I love how Chris Colfer can make me have sympathy for any villain. The Evil Queen, Esma, the Snow Queen- they all have such tragic backstories. I don't think I could ever hate any of his characters for very long.

The characters are so lovable. Red and Connor are so funny. Alex and Connor balance each other out so well. Alex is always so serious and worried while Connor adds some much-needed comic relief. The two are so different but their personalities work so well.

The story is always moving which I love. The world-building is amazing. I love how Colfer crafted a world that brings back so much nostalgia to my childhood. I also love how he added to some of the classic fairytales. Little Red Riding Hood becoming a queen is something I would have never thought of, but it works so well.


Page Count: 517 pages

Published: August 6, 2013

Genre: Fantasy

Series: The Land of Stories book 2

My Rating: 5 stars

Buy this book!

~ ~ ~

Other books by Chris Colfer:


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My 5 Favorite Quotes From Clap When You Land

Fairest of All by Serena Valentino

Bloom by Kevin Panetta