The Land of Stories: The Wishing Spell by Chris Colfer

  For Alex and Conner's twelfth birthday, they receive a book from their grandmother. After the book starts acting weird, the twins find a magic portal in it. They are transported to The Land of Stories where all their favorite childhood fairytales are real. The only way home, however, it the wishing spell. But here's the catch, the wishing spell can only be used twice and it has already been used once before. The twins find it's a race against the clock because the infamous Evil Queen is also after the spell.

The Land of Stories had been my favorite book series since I was in 6th grade and it's what got me really into reading. Chris Colfer has been one of my favorite authors for the last three years. The Land of Stories is my favorite middle-grade book.

I loved this book so much. I will admit that at first, I thought I would hate the book. You see, my mother tried for a year or two to get me to read the book and I didn't want to. Finally, at a book fair in 6th grade, there was nothing that was really piquing my interest so I thought what the heck? Let's give this a try. After reading the first two chapters, I was ready to put this book down. But I'm glad I didn't. It wasn't until Alex and Conner got to the Land Of Stories that I started to enjoy this book. Then, after a while, I couldn't put it down.

I loved the books so much that I made one of my other friends read them. Of course, she loved them too. Two of my other friends have just started tuning me out because I love these books so much. I remember there was one time my friend and I got into a really heated argument about which was the better book series- The Land of Stories or Harry Potter. Obviously, I was right with my claim that Hogwarts was nothing compared to the Red Riding Hood Kingdom. Don't worry though, we made up one period later.

The Land of Stories movie rights was bought by Fox, so we are getting a movie!

Page count: 438 pages

Published: July 17, 2012

Genre: fantasy

Series: The Land of Stories book 1

My rating: 5 stars

~ ~ ~
Other books by Chris Colfer:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My 5 Favorite Quotes From Clap When You Land

Fairest of All by Serena Valentino

Bloom by Kevin Panetta