The Magic Misfits by Neil Pattrick Harris

The Magic Misfits (The Magic Misfits, #1)  Carter is a street magician working with his sly uncle. Together they suck people out of there money with useless street games. But that isn't the life that Carter wants. So Carter runs away and he finds friends, fun, and a mystery. B.B. Bosso arrives with his crew in Mineral Wells around the same time. Bosso is a crook and will take anything he can get his grubby fingers on. After meeting Dante Vernon, Carter teams up with 5 other social outcasts who have an interest in magic. Together, they'll save Mineral Wells from Bosso's vile scheme.
  Every few chapters, there would be instructions on how to do a cool magic trick. I couldn't actually get any right, but I loved trying. The narrator of this story had amazing humor and I loved the sarcasm. There was also a representation of LGBTQ characters which is something middle-grade novels often lack.
  I know it's not my usual post date but I thought I would post this today anyway since it's shorter than my regular posts and I'm reading the second book now.

Page Count: 256 pages (Hardcover)
Published:
My Rating: 5 stars
Genre: Mystery 
Series: The Magic Misfits book 1
Amazon link for The Magic Misfits

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My 5 Favorite Quotes From Clap When You Land

Fairest of All by Serena Valentino

Bloom by Kevin Panetta