The Secret Files of Fairday Morrow by Jessica Haight and Stephanie Robinson

Page Count: 272 pages 
Published: 2015 
My Rating: 4.5 stars 
Series: Fairday Files (Book 1)
Amazon link for The Secret Files of Fairday Morrow

   Fairday had just moved from the big bustling city of Manhattan to a small town of Ashpot, Connecticut. But there are many rumors that surround her new home, the Begonia House. First, Thurston Begonias daughter disappears on her wedding day. Then, Thurston falls form a balcony on the third floor. When weird things start happening in the house, like bagpipe music and mysterious doors appearing in mirrors, Fairday knows that she and her family are not alone. With the help of the DMS(Detective Mystery Squad), Fairday will solve the mystery of what really happened.
   I met the authors of the Fairday Morrow series at the Made in Connecticut Convention. There they told me about the Wizard of Oz theme that the book has. After reading it, the theme really shone through. I would recommend this book to someone that like mysterious or magic scene there is a good mix of both. If you like this book, there is another one in the series, Fairday Morrow and the Talking Library. I like that this book mentioned several other popular books such as FableHaven. 

   The authors also have a middle-grade book blog. The blog is run by Fairday and Lizzy. Heres the link to check them out: Fairday Files Blog. And here is their main website: Fairdayfiles.com

~~~~

Other books I reviewed by Jessica Haight and Stephanie Robinson:

Image result for watercolor designs

Comments

Unknown said…
Abby this is awesome! I love this idea. A lot of these books would probably be great for a book club!! I wish I kept track of my books like this 😊

Popular posts from this blog

My 5 Favorite Quotes From Clap When You Land

Fairest of All by Serena Valentino

Bloom by Kevin Panetta