The Year After You by Nina de Pass (ARC Review)

  G died. But she survived. This hurts Cara every day. Everything. She is consumed by guilt and grief. Nine months later, Cara is shipped off to a boarding school in Switzerland. Cara is determined to make sure no one knows about the accident. But her new classmates, Ren and Hector, won't let that happen. They won't let her close herself off from the rest of the world. After she built her walls so carefully, Ren and Hector come into her life to break them down. A little part of Cara even wants them to. Hector seems to understand Cara like no one else. But the closer Hector gets, the more the truth starts to slip away. If admitting her mistake means letting go of G, she's not sure she's ready for a second chance. Or if she even deserves one.

I loved this book so much! I'm not usually one for a contemporary novel but this one was the best! I would definitely put this on my top 5 list. I loved uncovering and finding out what happened with G. I also loved reading about all the memories G and Cara shared. I did like finding out Ren and Hector's secrets too. I loved the way that every time I picked up this book, I couldn't put it down.

This was a powerful novel about grief and guilt. I've never lost someone close to before, but this novel would probably hit very close to home if you have.

The only thing I didn't like about the book was that it was so short!  I wish I got to read more and that Caras's story was never-ending.

Page Count: 368 pages (Hardcover)

Published: March 31, 2020

My Rating: 5 stars

Genre: Contemporary

Buy this book

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My 5 Favorite Quotes From Clap When You Land

Fairest of All by Serena Valentino

Bloom by Kevin Panetta