Stay at Home Reading Rush TBR + Tag

  The stay at home reading rush is going to take place between April 16-19. There are four prompts to fill out and these prompts will decide what books we read during the reading rush. There is a bigger version of this reading rush over the summer but let's start the TBR.

Winterhouse: Guterson, Ben, Bristol, Chloe: 9781250123886: Amazon ...Read a book with a house on the cover

  For this prompt, I'm choosing Winterhouse by Ben Guterson. There is a huge grand house on the cover of this book. I am so excited to start this book because I've been longing for a good mystery. I have both the first and second books in this series so that just makes me even more excited. 

Read a book in the same room the whole time

  I really only read in one spot anyway so that will be easy. The Odd 1s Out by James Rallison. This book is short and I'll read it quickly which is good if I want to get through all four parts. "The Odd1sOut" is one of my favorite Youtube channels so of course, I had to pick this book up. 

Read a  book set somewhere you wish you could go

  I chose to go to The Land of Stories so for this prompt, I'll read Queen Red Riding Hoods Guide to Royalty. This is one of the two companions to The Land of Stories series by Chris Colfer. This book was quick and funny. I enjoyed it so much.

Read a book that will make you smile

Adventures from the Land of Stories: The Mother Goose Diaries ...  The last book I'll be reading for the Stay at Home Reading Rush is The Mother Goose Diaries by Chris Colfer. This book will be a reread for me and I also have this book on my OWLs TBR. It's short and funny. It was so hard to keep from cracking a smile the first time!

  Those are the four books I'll be reading for the Stay at Home Reading Rush. I'm so excited for all these books. Now it's time for the tag.

How is your reading going?

  My reading has defintly picked up since social distancing began. With nothing else to do, I have been reading. I think I read about 7 books since social distancing began. I also started The Modern Faerie Tales by Holly Black. I read Tithe and Valient so far so I read more like 9 books. 

Where have you been reading at home?

  I've usually been reading in my room. Once in a while, I'll go outside and read there. 

Best book you've read during self-isolation?

  This is such a hard question. I think the best book I've read might be Alex & Eliza by Melissa de la Cruz. I read all three books in this trilogy and I loved them. These books are about the love story of Alexander Hamilton and Eliza Schuyler. 

What's your favorite feel-good book?

  The Adventures from the Land of Stories series by Chris Colfer. This series contains The Mother Goose Diaries and Queen Red Riding Hoods Guide to Royalty. This series is also the companion to The Land of Stories series. Both of these books are on my TBR for the reading rush (see above). 

Book you wish you could buy or borrow from the library?

  I don't like borrowing books from the library but if I were to buy a book, I would probably get the rest of the Red Queen series or maybe the DC Icons series. 

An author you want to shout out during this time?

  Definitely my favorite two authors- Jenna Evans Welch and Chris Colfer. I never really see anyone talk about their books and it might be because most people just focus on YA and Chris Colfer writes middle-grade... Jenna Evans Welch wrote the Love & Gelato series. I loved the first book and I have the second book on my TBR. The third book also comes out in July. 

  That's all for now so goodbye!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My 5 Favorite Quotes From Clap When You Land

Fairest of All by Serena Valentino

Bloom by Kevin Panetta