A Castle in the Clouds by Kerstin Gier (ARC Review)

 Sophie Sparks is a 17-year-old high school dropout. She works as an intern at A Castle in the Clouds, a European hotel. Between a budding romance and dark secrets, Sophie may be more helpful than she thought. As majestic as the building is, there are secrets that the owners hold. And some guests aren't who they say they are...(dun, dun, dunnnn).

I did not see that ending coming! I would have never guessed the bad guys were who they were. The mystery was so well crafted and I never knew who the bad guys were until they were foreshadowed a page before being revealed. The author has such a way of creating suspense and this book kept me on the edge of my seat!

And Sophie's romance with two boys kinda reminded me of America with Maxon and Aspen from The Selection series by Kiera Cass. They fight like Aspen and Maxon and one of them even has the charm of Maxon. It's obvious from the beginning who Sophie will choose in the end.

I highly recommend reading this book. It is my new favorite mystery.

Page Count: 336 pages (hardcover)

Published: January 28, 2020

My Rating: 5 Stars

Genre: Contemporary, mystery 

Buy this book

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My 5 Favorite Quotes From Clap When You Land

Fairest of All by Serena Valentino

Bloom by Kevin Panetta