Mamma Mia

The first musical I ever saw on stage was Mamma Mia. I first saw the show when I was four. I then saw it again two years ago with a friend. The movie Mamma Mia has been one of my favorites since birth. I can't even remember how many times I've watched it! But I do remember being way too excited when Mamma Mia: Here We Go Again came out a few years ago!
    Like always, today's post is largely inspired by one of my favorite books. To celebrate the recent release of Love & Olives, I bring you this Mamma Mia post!

Honey Honey

To start off the musical, we have Sophie running around with her friends and reading from her mom's diary. The diary helps her find who her possible dads are. In Love & Gelato, Lina reads her mom's journal from when she was in Italy. The journal reveals more about her mother and her dad. 

Money Money Money

In A Dress for the Wicked, it's all about money. Since Emmy doesn't have the money or pedigree of the other girls, she constantly looked down on.

Mamma Mia

During this song, Donna finds her old lovers all together (oh my) and may even be catching feelings for one of them. In this song, the chorus especially reminds me of Kate from Onyx & Ivory by Mindee Arnett.

Dancing Queen

There's one scene in Check Please that makes me think of "Dancing Queen." I thought it was so cute when Eric was singing along to "Halo." 

Our Last Summer

When listening to "Our Last Summer" I couldn't help but think of Addie and relationship from Love & Luck.

Lay All Your Love On Me

I don't there's any couple that's more in love than America and Maxon but I guess Sophie and Sky would make a close second.

Super Truper

There's one scene in particular that reminds me of "Super Truper." In All Together Now, Bina becomes sad as she watches her friends play music without her. This makes me think of the following lyrics:
  Super trouper beams are gonna blind me
But I won't feel blue
Like I always do
'Cause somewhere in the crowds there's you

Gimmie! Gimmie! Gimmie!

Well, the main focus in The Best Laid Plans is boys so...

The Name Of The Game


Voulez Vous

"Voulez Vous" was such a fun song. The Mall was such a fun book too!

S.O.S.

Like Donna and Sam, America and Maxon have a very difficult relationship in The Elite.

Does Your Mother Know

Cinder by Marissa Myers
Cinder was so reluctant to fall in love and admit her feelings for Kai. She thought Kai would no longer love her if he knew she was a cyborg so that's why I chose Cinder for "Does Your Mother Know."

Slipping Through My Fingers

Although Donna is singing about her daughter, Cara's late friend G may be slipping through her fingers.

The Winner Takes It All

The reason I chose Red Queen for "The Winner Takes It All" is because the song makes me think of Mare and Maven's relationship.

When All Is Said And Done

Orphan Island by Laurel Synder

Take A Chance On Me

It seemed the whole time Alexander was trying to convince Eliza to take a chance on him.

I Have A Dream

Straight On Till Morning by Liz Braswell
In Straight On Till Morning, Wendy dreams of adventure and to be more than she is.

Thank You For The Music

The Kingdom of Back by Marie Lu
The Kingdom of Back was largely centered around music so I couldn't possibly think of a better fit for the ending song of Mamma Mia.

About Love & Olives

This Mamma Mia inspired novel follows Olive (aka Liv) who hasn't seen her father since she was eight. But all that changes when she receives a postcard in the mail. Liv's dad wants her to fly all the way to Greece to shoot a documentary for National Geographic. Together, they're going to finally find Atlantis, the lost city that they bonded over when Liv was little. She isn't totally thrilled at first. Then she meets Theo, her father's cute protege. In just ten days, Liv learns that lost things can be found, including Atlantis.

    Comments

    Popular posts from this blog

    My 5 Favorite Quotes From Clap When You Land

    Fairest of All by Serena Valentino

    Bloom by Kevin Panetta