Check, Please! #Hockey by Ngozi Ukazu

Check, Please! Book 1: # Hockey
Eric Bittle is a former figure skater, a vlogger, and an amazing baker. Soon he'll be adding hockey player to that long list of talents. It's Eric's freshman year and he'll be playing for Samwells hockey team. But he might not be ready. For one thing, he's terrified of checking.
        Eric is so freaking adorable. I completely adored him. He is a great LGBTQ character. I could tell he was gay from the moment I started reading. There is any romance really in the book. There's one chapter where he comes out and another where he has a crush. The crush is kinda forgotten for most of the book.
        Eric is also always baking. He loves making pies and I think he's amazing. There were also some parts where we caught him singing along with Beyonce!
        Check, Please! is without a doubt my favorite graphic novel. #Hockey covers Eric's first two years of college. The ending to his sophomore year though- I totally freaked out. The overall story was great!
        Besides the plot, the artwork was great! At the end of #Hockey, there were also some added comics. I think that this book was hilarious too. There were so many scenes that made me burst out laughing.

Page Count: 288 pages
Published: September 18, 2018

My Rating: 5 stars
Genre: contemporary, graphic novel

Series: Check, Please! book 1
Buy this book!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My 5 Favorite Quotes From Clap When You Land

Fairest of All by Serena Valentino

Bloom by Kevin Panetta