Wicked

Though I love musicals, I haven't seen very many on stage. I was so lucky to get to see Wicked not once, but twice! It was such an amazing show that I loved. Even still, after many years, Wicked remains one of my favorite musicals.

No One Mourns the Wicked

Dorothy Must Die by Danielle Paige
I can't think of anyone more wicked than Dorothy herself in Dorothy Must Die.

Dear Old Shiz

I have to be honest, I don't really like "Dear Old Shiz." It's not that long and there's really no point to the song for this one, I'm just going to pick a book I didn't like. For "Dear Old Shiz," I'm picking We Hunt the Flame. I didn't much care for the book.

The Wizard and I

The Cruel Prince by Holly Black
In "The Wizard and I," Elphaba sings about her dreams of being more than what she is and working with the wizard. This reminds me of how Jude wanted to prove that she was more than mortal and become a knight.

What Is This Feeling?

Glinda and Elphaba hate each other at the beginning of the musical but by the end, they are the best of friends. I think it's only fitting that I chose my favorite enemies to lovers book for "What Is This Feeling?" Though Kate and Corwin are mortal enemies, in the beginning, they are such a cute couple by the end of Onyx & Ivory.

Something Bad

"Nothing truly bad, it couldn't happen here in Oz..."
Just like Elphaba believes nothing bad could happen in Oz, Cassia believed that the Society wasn't all bad.

Dancing Through Life

Peter Pan by J. M. Barrie
There's no one who fits the concept of this song better than Peter Pan. He truly dances through life as he spends endless days playing with the lost boys in Neverland.

Popular

Dear Evan Hansen by Val Emmich
All the Broadway fans definitely recognize that title! If your not a fan of the musical, Evan becomes popular from the lie he told. Because of his "relationship" with Connor, people start to notice him more and more.

I'm Not That Girl

Sky Without Stars by Jessica Broady
I think this song sums up perfectly how Chatrine feels about Marcellus. Sadly though, Marcellus chose Alouette.

One Short Day

"One short day in the Emerald City, one short day full of so much to do"
"One Short Day was surprisingly hard to pick a book for. Glinda and Elphaba have so much they want to accomplish and that reminds me of how Emmy has so much ambition as she moves to the city.

A Sentimental Man

In "A Sentimental Man," the Wizard talks about how he's such a parental figure. In turn, he is an awful father and this reminded me a little of Mattoe from Love & Gelato.

Defying Gravity

My Lady Jane by Cynthia Hand, Brodi Ashton, & Jodie Meadows
Elphaba literally defies gravity as she leaves everybody behind to make her own path. Lady Jane Grey is also a rule breaker who defies gravity in her own way. 

Thank Goodness

"Thank Goodness" is a song about celebration. I remember there being a huge party in A Castle in the Clouds that would be worthy of any Broadway song.

Wonderful

Everyone calls the wizard wonderful but he is revealed to be anything but wonderful. I can say the same for a certain man in My Plain Jane... no spoilers though!

I'm Not That Girl (Reprise)

Les Miserables by Victor Hugo
"I'm Not That Girl (Reprise)" is so incredibly short compared to the book I've picked for it. Eponine is so in love with Marius but she just isn't the girl for him which is so heartbreaking.

As Long As You're Mine

The Evil Queen by Gena Showalter
I love Roth and Everly way too much to pick any other couple for this song. They are just perfection.

No Good Dead

In this song, Elphaba accidentally curses Fiyero-who becomes the scarecrow. It was a good dead that backfired. So many things seem to backfire on Evie in Sea Witch by Sara Henning. 

March of the Witchhunt

The title of this song is pretty self-explanatory. One book that would go along with this song is Witch Born by Nicholas Bowling. Witch Born follows Alyce who is on the run from witch hunters

For Good

Just by knowing each other, Elphaba and Glinda have been changed. Stargirl leaves a lasting impression on Leo in the book Stargirl. Just like the song, Stargirl is sweet and about friendship. 

Finale "Wicked"

Furthermore by Tahereh Mafi
"Finale 'Wicked'" is really just a mashup of the opening song and "For Good." So another pair that changed for good is  Alice and Oliver from Furthermore.

About Dorothy Must Die

Dorothy thought she saved Oz. But she was just the beginning of all their problems. After Dorothy found a way back to Oz, she's been ruling the magical land with an iron fist. She's not the girl from Kansas everyone thought she was. Amy Gumm is the other girl from Kansas. After being recruited by the Order of the Wicked, Amy is going to save Oz. But to do that, Dorthy must die. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My 5 Favorite Quotes From Clap When You Land

Fairest of All by Serena Valentino

Bloom by Kevin Panetta