My Plain Jane by Cynthia Hand, Brodi Ashton, and Jodi Meadows

You think you know the story of Jane Eyre, but you don't. Jane lives at Lowood where conditions are horrible. After the untimely death of the headmaster, she leaves to become a governess to Mr. Rochester. Charlotte, Jane's only friend, and inspiring writer is sad to see her go. When the two girls meet Mr. Blackwood, their plain lives become dangerous. Jane gets caught up in larger plots to take over England and soon enough, its fate rests on her shoulder.

This was an exciting take on Jane Eyre. As soon as I picked it up, I couldn't put it down. My Plain Jane sucked me right in. There was so much suspense and there were so many amazing plot twists. Just when I thought I knew how it would end, the book took a completely different direction.

This was more than I could have ever hoped for. My Plain Jane was funny, suspenseful, and entertaining. I definitely want to read the other two books in this series. I don't think I've ever read historical fiction as great as this.

My Plain Jane followed the POVs of Jane Eyre, Charlotte Bronte, and Alexander Blackwood. I think it was so cool that they were able to include Charlotte Bronte (who wrote the original Jane Eyre) into the book. The book was like 19th-century Ghostbusters and let's be honest, who didn't love Ghostbusters?

Page Count: 447 pages

Published: June 26, 2018

Genre: Historical Fiction, Paranormal

Series: The Lady Janies book 2

My Rating: 5 stars

Buy this book!


~ ~ ~

Also by Cynthia Hand, Brodi Ashton and Jodi Meadows:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My 5 Favorite Quotes From Clap When You Land

Fairest of All by Serena Valentino

Bloom by Kevin Panetta