My Calamity Jane by Cynthia Hand, Brodi Ashton, & Jodi Meadows

 The Wild West is full of outlaws, gun-slingers, and garou. Yes, the wild west is full of werewolves. Calamity Jane has been garou hunting with Bill Hickok and performing in Wild Bill's Wild West for what seems like years now. Frank Butler, better known as the Pistol Prince, is the best sharpshooter but it seems he has met his match when he meets Annie Oakly. Annie's new to the gang but that doesn't stop her from helping when the three find themselves in a bit of a hairy situation. Jane's been bitten by a garou and if she doesn't get the cure fast enough, she might not be around for much longer.

I love this series! My Calamity Jane is one of the best series conclusions I've ever read. Like the rest of the books in the series, this one was equally as funny. Reading this book has made me so much more excited for the upcoming release of My Contrary Mary.

This whole book felt like one big Scooby-Doo story. It even had a Scooby-Doo fashion escape scene. There was even a reference too!

I also really liked Jane! She was definitely my favorite out of the three characters with all her witty comebacks. And while I'm on the topic of characters, I'm so happy I finally have a historical fiction book with some LGBTQ representation!


Page count: 544 pages

Published: June 2, 2020

Genre: historical fiction, fantasy

Series: The Lady Janies book 3

My rating: 5 stars

Buy this book

~ ~ ~

More books by these authors:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My 5 Favorite Quotes From Clap When You Land

Fairest of All by Serena Valentino

Bloom by Kevin Panetta