My Lady Jane by Cynthia Hand, Brodi Ashton, & Jodi Meadows

Lady Jane Grey didn't plan to get married. But she does anyway. Edward knows he's dying so he arranges to marry Jane off to Gifford (but he likes to be called G) so he can have an heir. Jane and G aren't thrilled at first. And Janes is even less thrilled when she finds out that G is an EĆ°ian. G turns into a horse every morning at sunrise. It isn't long before Edward, Jane, and G find themselves in the middle of a conspiracy that will change England forever.

This is by far the best historical fiction series there is. Though it's not historically accurate, this is definitely my favorite version of the Tudors. My Lady Jane is a silly retelling of Lady Jane Grey's brief reign. It was surprising that the authors were able to turn such a tragic moment in history into one of the best comedies I've ever read. Considering the time period, I loved how stubborn and feisty the female characters were.

The characters were so well developed. Each had their own distinct voice. I loved getting to read about them!

Jane and G were such a cute couple and Edward had a romance of his own going on. I don't remember who exactly read the audiobook but it sounded like she was made for it. I 100% recommend this book to everyone. 

This book was hilarious! I was laughing the entire time I was reading this book! Even the dedication was funny.

This story was written incredibly well considering the three POVs were all written by different authors. I also love how this book broke the fourth wall more than once.

I love this entire series! Each book is funnier than the last! I can't wait to read the Lady Janies latest book, My Contrary Mary. I think the covers for this series fit the books perfectly. They fit the mood of the book so well!

Page Count: 491 pages

Published: June 7, 2016

Genre: historical fiction

Series: The Lady Janies book 1

My Rating: 4 stars

Buy this book

~ ~ ~

Also by Cynthia Hand, Brodi Ashton, & Jodi Meadows:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My 5 Favorite Quotes From Clap When You Land

Fairest of All by Serena Valentino

Bloom by Kevin Panetta