Dear Evan Hansen

I love the musical Dear Evan Hansen. It’s probably my favorite and I can’t wait for the movie to come out soon. In honor of the musical, here are so Dear Evan Hansen book recs!

Anybody Have A Map

During All for One, Eliza tries to navigate motherhood while her husband is busy working just like Hedi and Cynthia.

Waving Through A Window

In "Waving Through A Window," Evan talks about her feels invisible and this reminds me how Jacob used to feel ordinary and unspecial. 

For Forever

 This song reminds me of the scene where Yadriel and Julain were driving the car.

Sincerely Me

"Sincerely Me" is probably my favorite song in the musical. It's so much fun just like The Mall.

Requiem

"Requiem" is a sad song about mourning. While Zoe refuses to feel sad for her late brother, Cara grieves the loss of her friend, G.

If I Could Tell Her

I was waiting the whole time for Liv to tell Theo how she really felt!

Disappear

The Kingdom of Back by Marie Lu
Like Evan, Nannerl is scared of being forgotten and of never being seen. 

You Will Be Found

This book conveys the message of this song so well.

To Break In A Glove

Like Lina, Evan never really had a father. He left when both teens were young. Now Larry is Evan's last chance of a father while Lina travels across the world to meet hers.

Only Us

Evan and Zoe are one of my favorite Broadway couples and their book equivalent would most definitely be America and Maxon.

Good For You

In Charming as a Verb, Henri ends up betraying everyone he loves.

Words Fail

Like Evan, Carson has such a difficult time between family and social life. There's one line in "Words Fail" that made me really think of Struck by Lightning.
I never had the dad who stuck it out
No corny jokes or baseball gloves
No mom who was there because mom was
'Cause mom was all she had to be

So Big/So Small

A large part of Heidi's downfall was her divorce. She didn't know how to be a parent of her own and maybe that's why she had such a fight with Evan. On the other hand, I think Zoe from Miss You Love You Hate You Bye had such a rough time with her parents because of their divorce.

Finale

Dear Evan Hansen by Val Emmich
I can think of no better book for the finale of the musical, Dear Evan Hansen.

About Dear Evan Hansen

Evan Hansen has never been important before. He's been invisible his whole life. Connor Murphy felt the same way. But then Connor commits suicide with a letter addressed to Evan in his pocket. A letter that Evan wrote to himself. When the Murphys find it, they are convinced that Evan was Connors's one and only friend. He thought he was giving the Murphys what they needed. Evan thought that he could make everything easier for everyone. All he did was dig himself deeper into the lie he created. 
My full review

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My 5 Favorite Quotes From Clap When You Land

Fairest of All by Serena Valentino

Bloom by Kevin Panetta