Charming as a Verb by Ben Philippe

Charming as a VerbHenri Halitwagner has always been able to charm anyone. Anyone except Corinne. When she discovers his less than honest dog-walking scheme, Corinne blackmails Henri into helping her change her image. What started out as a mutual hustle to survive their last year of high school turns into a blooming romance.
        Charming as a Verb was an adorable book. It had loads of quick-wit humor and lots of cute moments. Henri was a good character but there were some moments where I just wanted to scream at him. His dreams to attend Columbia university lead him to do some of the dumbest stuff ever that leave me wanting to yell at him.
        Needless to say, Charming as a Verb took me on a wild rollercoaster of emotions. It was up and down the whole time. Henri and Corinne were a really cute couple but they fell for each other almost instantly. There really wasn't any buildup and it happened really fast.
        There was a lot of stuff to do with collage in this book. Everyone was worried about it and anxious. It was a pretty big deal. I can't speak from experience (since I'm only a high school freshman), but I think it made the book more realistic. A lot of other contemporaries I read really don't ever talk about collage so it was interesting to see what that's like.

Page Count: 336 pages
Published: September 8, 2020
Genre: Contemporary 
My Rating: 4.5
Buy this book!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My 5 Favorite Quotes From Clap When You Land

Fairest of All by Serena Valentino

Bloom by Kevin Panetta