Folklore

So Taylor Swift's new album, Folklore recently came out and everyone loves it! Am I little late to comparing the songs to books? Yeah but I'm gonna do it anyway!

 

the 1

Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard
This song reminds me so much of Mare and Maven's relationship!

 

cardigan

The Year After You by Nina de Pass
When Cara felt low in the world, she meets Hector who lifts her up.

the last great american dynasty

Alex & Eliza by Melissa de la Curz
"the last great american dynasty" is a song about an infamous heiress and her fabled Holiday House. The perfect book for this song would be Alex & Eliza. Eliza reminded me a bit of Rebeca and both women are shameless and have loads of money.


exile

Love & Gelato by Jenna Evans Welch
"exile" just goes to show even the strongest of relationships can fall out without communication. When Lina first gets to Italy in Love & Gelato, she has a hard even talking to Howard. They start off iffy but eventually become closer once they open up.

my tears ricochet

Onyx & Ivory by Mindee Arnett
I have the perfect book for "my tears ricochet". I would choose Onyx & Ivory to go along with this book because both have the lovers to enemies' vibe.


mirrorball
The Best Laid Plans by Cameron Lund
"mirrorball" is about the need to fit in and I totally get that. I couldn't find a better book than The Best Laid Plans to go along with this song. Keely feels out of place around everyone else because she's never had a boyfriend. It takes time, but her need to please people and fit in slowly dies as she finds her friends.


seven
Matched by Ally Condie
Childhood friendship plays a big part in both "seven" and Matched. Cassia was matched with her best friend Xander, but is falling for Ky witch pushes her into dangerous territory. 

 

august

Love & Luck by Jenna Evans Welch
Like Taylor in the song "august," Addie had summer loved that was ripped at the seems. Left heartbroken, Addie travels in Ireland for her aunt's big wedding where she gets a second chance at love. 

this is me trying

The Mall by Megan McCafferty
In this song, Taylor is clinging onto a past lover just like Cassie in The Mall.

illicit affairs

The Betrothed by Kiera Cass
Like the protagonist of this song, Hollis wasn't always loyal to her soon to be spouse in The Betrothed. 

invisible string

The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd
This would be an unusual comparison since "invisible string" is more of a  love song but Lily is drawn to Agusts house like there was an invisible string- that string being Lily's mother. 

mad woman

"mad woman" is about a strong female who stands up for herself. YA literature is full of strong protagonists like this but the one I'm choosing is Katniss from The Hunger Games. Katniss not only stands up for herself but all of Panem as she fights the Capitol for freedom for the people.

epiphany

A Tale of Magic by Chris Colfer
So "epiphany" is about some of the lives of cruelest moments and one character that was mistreated in her life was Brystal but eventually, she was able to overcome everything.

betty

Sea Witch by Sara Henning
"betty" is about a young romance and one of my favorite pairs of young lovers comes from Sea Witch by Sarah Henning.

peace

The Selection by Kiera Cass
The chorus of this song faintly reminds me of The Selection so since I can't think of anything else, I'm going to go with that!

hoax

The last song on the Folklore album is "hoax" which talks about being in a relationship despite all the pain it brings. For "hoax," I'm going to pick My Plain Jane. Jane is devoted to Mr. Rochester and loves him. But that loves ends in pain and tragedy.


I can't believe Taylor Swift was able to write and record a whole album during quarantine! Compared to her, I really haven't been that productive!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My 5 Favorite Quotes From Clap When You Land

Fairest of All by Serena Valentino

Bloom by Kevin Panetta