Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo

 Ketterdam is a busy city full of trade and business. In Ketterdam, anything can be done for the right price. When Kaz Brekker is offered a chance at a deadly heist that'll make him rich beyond his wildest dreams, he knows he can't pull it off alone. Kaz recruits the help of a heartrender, a runaway, a sharpshooter, a spy, and a convict.

Before I read this book, I thought it was way overhyped. I saw it everywhere on bookstagram and it seemed like everyone was obsessing over it. Now that I've read the book, I can say with confidence that this book deserves all the hype it gets. Six of Crows had been my first five-star read in a while. This series was just sheer perfection.

The characters were phenomenal. There was so much character development with each of the characters. Also, I need to point out how amazing Leigh Bardugo is at creating backstories. Kaz's past is so sad!

The relationships were also adorable. I don't think I've ever seen a couple as cute as Jesper and Wylan! I loved how their relationship built up over time. They were so cute and I can’t wait until they become an official couple.

One of my favorite characters in this book is Jesper. I love everything about him. He's witty and so funny! From the moment Kaz was introduced, I loved him. He is the most manipulative, morally black protagonist ever. He's simply the best.

My only criticism for this book is Milo the goat was not included. He was hands down my favorite character in the TV show. I couldn't contain my laughter when I saw Kaz walk onscreen with the goat in his arms. Jesper and Milo have an adorable friendship and I'm so sad it wasn't in the books.

Reading this book made me want to watch the TV show all over again. I'm definitely hoping that season 2 of Shadow and Bone includes a heist at the Ice Court. I also love the TV cover of the Six of Crows book way better than the original. I want a matching cover for Crooked Kingdom so badly.

If anyone is thinking about breaking into the Ice Court, I'm so down to join you.

Page count: 465 pages

Published: September 29, 2015

Genre: fantasy

Series: Six of Crows book 1

My rating: 5 stars

Twigger warning: murder

Buy this book!

~ ~ ~

Also by Leigh Bardugo:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My 5 Favorite Quotes From Clap When You Land

Fairest of All by Serena Valentino

Bloom by Kevin Panetta