Wonder Woman: Warbringer by Leigh Bardugo

Diana is the daughter of immortals. Living with the legendary Amazons, Diana has wanted nothing more than to prove her worth to her sisters. She finally gets the chance to be a hero when she discovers Alia moments after ship weck. By saving the girl, Diana is risking everything including exile. She discovers Alia is a Warbringer, the direct decedent of Helen of Troy. People are hunting Alia. They would do anything to see her dead. But it's up to her and Diana to stop an impending war.
    WOW! This book was amazing! I've heard so many good things about Leigh Bardugo's writing and all the praise seems to be well deserved. After reading Warbringer, I want to read more of her books.
    The beginning of the book was a little slow but I liked that we got right into the plot. Some authors hold off so long building up to the beginning of a journey which can honestly get a little annoying.
    I think Leigh Bardugo did such a great job at portraying Wonder Woman. I've always imagined her being very serious. I also liked that Bardugo introduced new characters that added humor to the book. There was more than one moment when I caught myself laughing out loud!
    I can't wait to read the rest of the DC Icons series. I have such high hopes for Catwoman: Soulstealer by Sarah J. Mass, who has so much hype supporting her series. I still haven't read any of her books yet but that's about to change very soon!

Page count: 369 pages
Published: August 28, 2018
Genre: Fantasy
Series: DC Icons
My Rating: 4 stars
Buy this book!

~ ~ ~

Also by Leigh Bardugo:

Other books in this series:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My 5 Favorite Quotes From Clap When You Land

Fairest of All by Serena Valentino

Bloom by Kevin Panetta