Batman: Nightwalker by Marie Lu

Before he was Batman, he was Bruce Wayne. A boy who had just inherited his family's fortune worth well over a billion dollars. After getting in some trouble with the police, Bruce finds himself serving community service at Arkham Assylum. While there, he meets Madeline, a girl full of mystery. While Gotham City is being terrorized by the Nightwalkers, Madeline holds the keys to the information Bruce needs to finally stop them.
    I've had an interesting experience with Maire Lu... Over the past three months, I've read three of her books, and Batman: Nightwalker is the only one I haven't DNF'd. Back in November, I read The Kingdom of Back which I didn't like. It was so boring and I just couldn't get into the story. In early December, I read Legend which I really liked but put down because there was another book I got that I really wanted to read.
    Nightwalker was so captivating. I was instantly hooked from the beginning. I love the Batman movies so it wasn't surprising that I fell instantly in love with this book. At every turn, I wanted to know more about the mysterious Madeline.
    Unlike the first book in the DC Icons series, Nightwalker had some surprises along the way which I enjoyed. I found this book very serious though.

Page Count: 272 pages
Published: January 2, 2018
Genre: Fantasy, mystery
Series: DC Icons
My Rating: 4 stars
Buy this book

~ ~ ~

Also by Marie Lu:

DC Icons series:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My 5 Favorite Quotes From Clap When You Land

Fairest of All by Serena Valentino

Bloom by Kevin Panetta