Legend by Marie Lu

 The United States is now known as the Republic. June was born into one of the Republic's wealthier families and has sworn her life to serving her country. She's a prodigy destined for greatness. Everything is perfect for her, until her brother's death. Day is one of the Republics' most wanted criminals. People call him heartless but he's not as cruel as he seems. June and Day will uncover secrets about the Republic that will change their lives forever.
    I didn't think I'd like this book at first. I started it but then put it down. After a month, I picked it back up, and to my surprise, I ended up loving it!
    I liked June and Day as separate characters but their romance wasn't very well put together. I felt like they kind of fell for each other instantly and there wasn't a great build-up to it.
    I'm so happy that I gave Marie Lu a second chance after DNFing The Kingdom of Back last November. I loved Batman: Nightwalker and Legend was great! I definitely want to finish this series eventually.

Page count: 305 pages
Published: November 29, 2011
Genre: dystopian
Series: Legend book 1
My rating: 3 stars
buy this book

~ ~ ~
Other books by Marie Lu:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My 5 Favorite Quotes From Clap When You Land

Fairest of All by Serena Valentino

Bloom by Kevin Panetta