Mother Knows Best by Serena Valentino

Mother Knows Best | Disney Books | Disney Publishing WorldwideWe all know Rapunzel's side of the story but you might be surprised by Gothel's. Her cruel actions have sweet intentions. From the time she was young, Goethel has loved her sisters, Primrose and Hazel. They made a promise: sisters together forever. And now, Gothel is determined to make sure that they can carry on together. Even if she has to kill her mother, her daughter, or her only friends, she will find a way to be with Hazel and Primrose.
        Mother Knows Best is the fifth book in Serena Valentino's Villains series. So far, this book is definitely my favorite. When I was reading, I came across some lines from the Tangled movie and the song was in the book too! I couldn't help but sing along to "Mother Knows Best."
        In this book, we get to learn a lot about Mother Gothel who has always been one of my favorite Disney villains (just because the songs so catchy!). As Chris Colfer once said, a "villain is just a victim whose story hasn't been told." This series demonstrates that perfectly. By the end of each book, I love all these characters.
        I probably would have never even started the Villains series if it wasn't for this book. A few years ago, I was looking at Target's book section. I came across this one and was instantly sucked in by the synopsis. I later learned that it was part of a series so of course, I had to get my hands on the first few books before this one.
        Reading Mother Knows Best made me so excited for Evil Thing which recently came out. I love the covers on these books. The dust jacket always has the normal face of the villain and then the actual hardcover there a totally different image of the character. My favorite cover so far was for Mistress of All Evil. The dragon on that cover is stunning!

Page Count: 390 pages
Published: August 1. 2018
Genre: Fantasy
Series: Villians book 5
My Rating: 5 stars
Buy this book
~~~
Other books by Serena Valentino:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My 5 Favorite Quotes From Clap When You Land

Fairest of All by Serena Valentino

Bloom by Kevin Panetta