July/August Wrap Up

Image result for stargirl book1. Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli
My Rating: 4 stars

I really loved the message this book sent. The positive message about being yourself is something I really don't see in books anymore so this book was a good change of pace.
Click here for my review


Image result for miss peregrine's home for peculiar children book tales of the peculiar2. Miss Peregrines Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs
My Rating: 5 stars

I mainly decided to read this book because a few years back I saw the trailer for the movie and really wanted to see it. I decided to wait until I'm older so I could read the book first and now that I've read it, I don't think I want to see the movie! It's not that the book wasn't good. It's just the trailer seems a little...off.
Click here for my review


3. Tales of the Peculiar by Ransom Riggs
My Rating: 4 Stars
Image result for miss peregrine's home for peculiar children book tales of the peculiar
This book was still good, but it isn't as good as the other books in the Miss Peregrines Peculiar Children series.
Click here for my review


4. The Secret Files of Fairday Morrow by Jessica Haight and Stephanie Robinson
My Rating: 4.5 stars

Image result for Fairday Morrow and the Talking Library by Jessica Haight and Stephanie RobinsonI got this book at the Made in Connecticut Expo where I met the authors who also have a book blog(the link for that is in my review if you want to check it out). After hearing them tell me about their book, I decided to give it a shot. There is also always a drawing contest on their main website for the book(also linked in my review).
Click here for my review


5. Fairday Morrow and the Talking Library by Jessica Haight and Stephanie Robinson
My Rating: 4.5 stars

Image result for nevermoor 1Just like the first book, I got this at the Made in Connecticut Expo. The authors said the book was based on Alices Adventures in Wonderland(my favorite classic) by Lewis Carroll so of course, I had to read it.
Click here for my review


6. Nevermoor: The Trials of Morrigan Crow by Jessica Townsend
My Rating: 4 stars

This book has been on my wishlist since December and it definitely lived up to my expectations.
Click here for my review

Image result for watercolor designs

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My 5 Favorite Quotes From Clap When You Land

Fairest of All by Serena Valentino

Bloom by Kevin Panetta