We Are Okay by Nina LaCour

 Marin hasn't spoken to her best friend Mabel since she left for college. She hadn't spoken to anyone really. She ran far away but her grief has followed her to New York. During winter break, Marin is the only one who hasn't gone home. Home is coming to her. Mabel comes down to New York to see her and now Marin will have to face everything she's left behind.

This book is so sad! There were so many moments where I wanted to cry. Marin's story was heartbreaking. She lost everything and as broken as she was, Marin was able to find happiness. There were so many lines in this book that made me want to sit down and think. We Are Okay is truly beautiful.

One thing that I wish was different was Mabel and Marin's relationship. I wanted to see more of them together and I wish they ended up together. The few moments we got from their romance was adorable. It was too bad that Mabel had a boyfriend back in California...

If you liked The Year After You and Clap When You Land, you are sure to love We Are Okay just as much as I did. I would recommend this book 100%.

Page Count: 236 pages

Published: February 14, 2017

Genre: Contempary

My Rating: 4 stars

Buy this book

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My 5 Favorite Quotes From Clap When You Land

Fairest of All by Serena Valentino

Bloom by Kevin Panetta