Eldest by Christopher Paolini

 Eragon and Saphira's journey continues as they travel to Ellesmera to continue Eragon's training. Meanwhile, Eragon's home village is being destroyed and it's up to Roran to lead them to safety. 

But really, why were those chapters even included? Roran didn't do anything to move the story along. In fact, his whole ordeal was unnecessary to write about. I think I would have preferred it if he had just told Eragon about what happened when they were reunited later on.

Eldest was much more boring than Eragon. To be honest, I totally zoned out by the end of the audiobook. Not to mention that this book was unnecessary long. There were some parts that I think the book would have done better without.

I think I'm just bored with Eragon overall. He's winy and way too focused on Arya. I wanted romance to spice up the book, but now I'm just terribly disappointed. There's no spark between them, Eragon just had an annoying crush.

I'm really debating on whether or not to finish this series. I have access to the remaining audiobooks, but this was just so boring.

Page count: 704 pages

Published: March 13, 2007

Genre: fantasy

Series: The Inheritance Cycle book 2

My rating: 2 stars

Buy this book

~ ~ ~

Other books by Christopher Paolini:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My 5 Favorite Quotes From Clap When You Land

Fairest of All by Serena Valentino

Bloom by Kevin Panetta