All of Us Villains by Amanda Foody and Christine Lynn Herman

 When the Blood Moon rises, the Blood Viel falls. After the history of the Tournament gets published in a tell-all book, Ilvernath is in the spotlight. Every generation, seven families name a champion to compete in a fight to the death. The winner's family gets exclusive control over of all of the city's high magick, the most powerful resource in the world. Each champion is determined to win the Tournament and rewrite their story. A story that will be penned in blood.

This book is basically The Hunger Games with magic. I enjoyed this book so much! I'm sure this book will earn so much hype when it comes out. All of Us Villains is a suspenseful, fast-paced read that will be perfect for fantasy fans!

The worldbuilding in this book was great! I loved the tournament aspect. The rules were laid out clearly as well as the magic system which is something many books like this fail to do well. I thought the different spells and curses were interesting. I also loved getting to dive deep into Ilvernath's gruesome history. Each family was so dark and mysterious. 

I thought the real highlight of this novel was the characters. I loved Alastair and Isobel. If you're a fan of Kaz Brekker, then Alastair will surely be your favorite character. Each character had their own distinct voice. Gavin was a great character too. He was the true villain of this story. Also, I always love getting some bisexual rep!

There were a bunch of different tropes in this book. The enemies to lovers and redemption arc were executed okay. 

My biggest critique is the title. I was expecting All of Us Villians to be darker. Since this book was pitched as being similar to The Hunger Games, I expected all the characters to be more bloodthirsty versions of Cato. I expected this book to be dark and gritty and violent! Keyword: expected. Only one character was actually morally grey.

Page count: 400 pages

Published: November 9, 2021

Genre: fantasy

Series: All of Us Villains book 1

My rating: 4 stars

Buy this book

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My 5 Favorite Quotes From Clap When You Land

Fairest of All by Serena Valentino

Bloom by Kevin Panetta