The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

The Hunger Games is a tradition in the country of Panem. To the Capitol, it's fun and entertaining. To Katniss, it's a nightmare. Each of the twelve districts pulls one boy and one girl to fight to the death on live TV. When Katniss is chosen, it seems like her life is ending. She goes in the games with Peeta by her side as they become the star-crossed lovers of District Twelve. But only can be the victor. 
I loved The Hunger Games! It was such an entertaining book. I was kept on the edge of my seat the whole time. It was suspenseful. Despite being a little sad, The Hunger Games was really disturbing. It was very dark and there were a lot of deaths, Some of the descriptions made me cringe, they were so gruesome and scary.

On a happier note, the romance between Peeta and Katniss was great! The characters were so well done. Katniss was so well devolped. I fell in love with her instantly. I love Peeta so, so much! Prim is adorable. Within the first few pages, I adored all the characters.

I was really surprised by how accurate the movie was to the book. I don't know what I was expecting but I would say that it was a pretty accurate film adaptation. 


Page Count: 374 pages

Published: September 14, 2008

Genre: Dystopian

Series: The Hunger Games book 1

My Rating: 5 stars

Trigger warnings: murder, death, violence, acholism

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My 5 Favorite Quotes From Clap When You Land

Fairest of All by Serena Valentino

Bloom by Kevin Panetta