Scarlet by Marissa Myers

 After escaping from prison, Cinder is on the run, trying to avoid capture as the Lunar Queen hunts her down. Meanwhile somewhere in France Scarlet's mother has recently disappeared. In a desperate attempt to find her, she teams up with the mysterious Wolf. Also, Queen Lavana is threatening war on Earth and if Cinder and Scarlet don't do something she will kill everybody so we also have that problem to deal with.

I liked Scarlet a lot more than I liked the first book in The Lunar Chronicles. I mean, Cinder was great, I just liked Scarlet's character better. She was really feisty, stubborn, and strong. So like basically the same person as Cinder but like not cyborg.

Most of the book was split following Scarlet and Cinder. I think Marissa Myers was able to combine these two storylines really well.

I liked Scarlet and Wolf's relationship so much better than Cinder and Kai's. Cinder and Kai felt a little forced. The writing of Scarlet and Wolf's relationship flowed easier and never felt strained.

So this is a small spoiler but I feel like Marissa Myers keeps reusing the same plot twists for this series. In both Cinder and Scarlet, there's this big revelation that someone in the book is a Lunar. In Cinder, it was pretty shocking but when it happened in Scarlet, I didn't even bat an eye.

In all, I really enjoyed Scarlet and you can bet I've already started reading Cress. I can't wait to finish this series!

Page count: 512 pages
Published: February 5, 2013
Genre: dystopian
Series: The Lunar Chronicles book 2
My rating: 4 stars
Buy this book!

~ ~ ~

Also by Marissa Myers:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My 5 Favorite Quotes From Clap When You Land

Fairest of All by Serena Valentino

Bloom by Kevin Panetta