Instant Karma by Marissa Myers

Prudence is an overachiever and wants more than just a life in her small coastal town of Fortuna Bay. One day, Pru wakes up to find that she has the power to intact instant karma on anyone she wishes. While Pru is hard at work punishing anyone she pleases, her powers seem to constantly backfire on one person: Quint Erickson. When Pru finds herself working at an animal rescue center, she uncovers the truth of why her powers won't work on Quint and why the rescue seems to be struggling so much.

I loved this book so much! It is undoubtedly one of my favorite reads of 2021. I couldn't put this book down because I loved it so much. Instant Karma was way better than any of Marissa Myers's other books (including The Lunar Chronicles).

I love Quint and Pru. They are such a great couple! Because everyone loves this trope, I'll go ahead and say that this is an enemy to lovers romance. No doubt that this is my favorite enemy to lovers. Pru and Quint initially hated each other and I couldn't help but laugh at all their banter and arguments.

I loved all the characters really. Jude was so sweet. Whenever Quint's mom appeared in a scene, I imagined her looking so much like Rosa Diaz from Brooklyn Nine-Nine.

My emotions during this book were up and down. In the beginning, I got so much second-hand embarrassment in the beginning and there were definitely some moments where I wanted to scream at Pru.

One of my favorite parts of this book was the fact that it took place at the sea animal rescue. I don't have any other books that are mainly about sea creatures. instant Karma had me googling baby sea otters and I can't help but agree with Quint- they are seriously the cutest.

Another little thing about this book I love is that Pru and her siblings are all named after Beetle songs. Pru, "Dear Prudence." Her brother's name is Jude for the famous "Dear Jude." Then there are her sisters, Lucy: "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds," Penny: "Penny Lane," and Eleanor: "Eleanor Rigby."

The only negative thing I have to say about Instant Karma is that the whole karma plot seemed to disappear at times. In the latter half of the book, I could chapters before Pru finally acknowledges her powers.

In all, Instant Karma was a really enjoyable book that I absolutely loved. It's such a fun contemporary to read in the summertime!

Page count: 390 pages

Published: November 3, 2020

Genre: contemporary

My rating: 5 stars

Buy this book!

~ ~ ~

Also by Marissa Myer:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My 5 Favorite Quotes From Clap When You Land

Fairest of All by Serena Valentino

Bloom by Kevin Panetta