Go the Distance by Jen Calonita

 What if Meg had to become a god?

After Hercules defeats Hades, he becomes a god on Mount Olympus. When Zeus tells Meg she can't be with Hercules because she's mortal, she's absolutely crushed. Luckily, Hera offers Meg a chance to become a goddess. All she has to do is go on a dangerous quest. Meg must save her ex's current wife from the underworld.

Out of all of Disney's villains, Hades has always been my favorite. I'm so glad a Hercules retelling was finally added to the Twisted Tales series.

I really liked Meg. In the movie, she was snarky and kind of sassy and I really liked that. She seemed a lot different in this book though. She was still a great character. She still had a short temper, but she seemed so much softer. Like, I know she's in love with Hercules and realized that she shouldn't block herself off from the world, but she just forgave her ex so easily.

I liked how Go The Distance provided Meg with a sad backstory. It added so many more sides to her than was provided in the movie.

I also loved that Hades and Persephone romance was included in this book too! They were adorable! Is it wrong that I was so much more invested in their relationship than Hercules and Meg's?

Page count: 336 pages

Published: April 6, 2021

Genre: fantasy

Series: Twisted Tales

My rating: 4 stars

Buy this book

~ ~ ~

Also in the Twisted Tales series:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My 5 Favorite Quotes From Clap When You Land

Fairest of All by Serena Valentino

Bloom by Kevin Panetta