Conceal, Don't Feel

 What if Anna and Elsa never knew each other?

After a terrible accident when they were young, Anna and Elsa were separated for protection. Years later when the queen and king die, Elsa's memory comes rushing back as she discovers her startling new powers. On the day of Elsa's coronation, Anna's memories start to come back too. They set her on a quest to find her lost sister. But the curse is keeping them apart and they'll have to give everything to have to be reunited.

I really enjoyed Conceal Don't Feel. It had much faster pacing than the other Twisted Tales books. It was defiantly better than Part of Your World and As Old as Time (sorry Liz Braswell, I still love Straight On Till Morning and Unbirthday). I also NEED to read the other Jen Calonita books. I believe the only other one she wrote was Mirror Mirror. She's also writing the next novel in the series, Go the Distance. I'm so excited for that one!

I liked the concept. I think the question pose would be one that would only work well for Frozen. I loved that movie when it came out so reliving it in a new way was so much fun! For the most part, Conceal, Don't Feel was pretty close to the movie.

One of those parts that the book and movie shared was when Anna punched Hans. It was my favorite part of the movie. I feel like the scene should have been delivered with much more... excitement... I think that's the word I'm looking for. I also think that in this book, Elsa should have been the one to punch Hans.

Okay, I know it's going to sound crazy (i love crazy), but just hear me out. In the book, Hans was targeting Anna the way he did Elsa- makes sense right? After all, he did to Elsa, it would have made more sense for her to punch Hans. I mean, he played with her heart, not Anna's.

I did like Jen Calonita's version of Anna better. She was much more fierce, which is saying a lot because Disney has been stepping up their Disney princess game in the past few years. They actually have opinions now! I remember being so disappointed when I was a child watching women like Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella, and Snow White. No wonder I always liked the villains better...

Reading this book makes me really want to watch the new Frozen movie. I know, I know, it's been on Disney+ for months and I still haven't watched it yet! I've been watching all the Marvel movies and Netflix has been grabbing my attention with Schitt's Creek lately. 10/10 recommend that show. It's so funny!

Anyway, I have discovered a whole new love for the original Frozen movie in the past few months. Idina Menzel is a queen! I love Rent and Glee. Also, can I just point out the fact that "Let It Go" has been stuck in my head for DAYS!


Page count: 312 pages
Published: October 1, 2019
Genre: fantasy
Series: Twisted Tales
My rating: 3 stars
Buy this book!

~ ~ ~
Also by Jen Calonita:

More books in the Twisted Tales series

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My 5 Favorite Quotes From Clap When You Land

Fairest of All by Serena Valentino

Bloom by Kevin Panetta