Straight On Till Morning by Liz Braswell

What if Wendy first traveled to Never Land with Captain Hook?

    Wendy's life is as boring as can be. She doesn't want to be a pretty lady for the rest of her life. And she definitely doesn't want to be sent to Ireland to become a governess. So it seems Wendy will have to take matters into her own hand if she'd like some fun. But when Wendy trades Peter Pan's shadow to Captain Hook in return for passage to Neverland, it proves to be a fatal mistake. Now, Wendy will need to save both Neverland and London from its impending doom.

I had an interesting experience with this book. At first, I loved it. I could not put it down. But shortly after Wendy's visit to Mermaid Lagoon, I became a little less interested. But by the last 150 pages, I was in love with this book again. So, I liked Straight On Till Morning.

Straight On Till Morning was a great take on Peter Pan. I was pretty invested in the story. Liz Braswell has some amazing descriptions in this book that I love. There were definitely some similarities between the original plot of Peter Pan too. In the book by J. M. Barrie, Captain Hook wanted to take Wendy's hostage to be a "mother" for the pirates. Seems the Dinsey version had the same intentions. 

The characters were adorable. I love the Lost Boys. It was so cute how they would say, "a Wendy? What's a Wendy?" I also like how Captain Hook would always be shouting in all caps. I thought that was a great character decision on Liz's half.

As for Tinker Bell, I noticed that she is so different from what I remember, but also not that different at all. I didn't remember her being so mean but after rewatching the movie, how did I miss this? Though I didn't love her at first, she was so sweet by the end. 

Page Count: 496 pages

Published: February 4, 2020

Genre: Fantasy

Series: Twisted Tales book 8

My Rating: 3.5 stars

Buy this book!

~ ~ ~

Other books by Liz Braswell:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My 5 Favorite Quotes From Clap When You Land

Fairest of All by Serena Valentino

Bloom by Kevin Panetta