Dorothy Must Die Stories by Danielle Paige

When Dorothy turns sixteen, she returns to Oz. With help from Glinda, she finds herself back in that magical land, this time with her aunt and uncle. When she gets there, however, Dorothy finds that things are different. A strange woman named Ozma is ruling and Glinda is nowhere to be found. Shortly after, Jellia, one of Dorothy's maids, is whisked off to Glinda's summer palace. She finds out that Glinda a Dorothy are planning sinister things for Oz. Ar the same time, the Wizard returns. 

Dorothy Must Die Stories was a bundle of the first three novellas in the Dorothy Must Die series. In this collection is Return to Oz, The Witch Must Burn, and The Wizard returns. My favorite of the three novellas was undoubtedly Return to Oz

I liked Dorothy and Jellia's POV so much better than I liked Amy's from the original series. I think that Amy was so annoying compared to Dorothy was a bit of a brat but I was able to look past that. 

I liked the first two novellas more than I liked the second half of the book series. However, I can't say the same for the third novella. The Wizard Returns was extremely boring and I didn't enjoy it. It was nice to learn more about the wizard (his name is actually Hex but that's not important) but it just wasn't my favorite.

Page Count: 416 pages

Published: April 9, 2015

Genre: Fantasy

Series: Dorothy Must Die .1-.3

My Rating: 3 stars

Buy this book

~ ~ ~

Other books by Danielle Paige:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My 5 Favorite Quotes From Clap When You Land

Fairest of All by Serena Valentino

Bloom by Kevin Panetta