The Wicked Will Rise by Danielle Paige

As Amy watches the Emerald City burns down, she knows that it's time for the wicked to rise. She has the Tin Woodman's heart but before she can kill Dorothy, she must take the Lion's courage and the Scarcows brain. The members of the Order are missing and now Amy is stuck with Ozma.
    For most of the book, Amy and Ozma were following the Yellow Brick Road to some castle that really didn't hold any importance. The other half of the book was spent thinking about Nox and babysitting some ditzy princess.
    I didn't love The Wicked Will Rise as much as I love Dorothy Must Die, but it was still a good book. It was really short compared to the first book in the series and felt a little rushed.
    There was so much character development for Peter and Ozma in this book. And I love Pete! Like Dorothy Must Die, The Wicked Will Rise ended with a huge cliffhanger. I have no idea where the plot is going since it seems to change every hundred pages or something. 
    Nox and Amy are supposed to have a romance but I kind of feel eh about it. I'm not really invested in it. I love both of the characters individually, but together I'm indifferent about them. One of my favorite characters is definitely Pete.

Page Count: 293 pages
Published: March 31, 2015
Genre: Fantasy
Series: Dorothy Must Die book 2
My Rating: 3 stars
~ ~ ~
Other books by Danielle Paige

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My 5 Favorite Quotes From Clap When You Land

Fairest of All by Serena Valentino

Bloom by Kevin Panetta