Reader Problems Tag



  This is a recent tag, right? RIGHT?! Let's hope so...
   Well, I'm currently watching this tag on Ariel Bassett's Book Tube Chanel... I don't that's spelled right but I'm getting no red line under it. So I will link her video and the original video for this tag below.

1. You have 20,000 books on your TBR pile. How in the world do you choose what to read? 

  I don't choose the book. It will choose me. OR the more common solution, I write down every book I want to read next on an index card and bug my friends until they vote for one. I will send pictures of the pile of choice to friends I won't see that day and I'll also go and ask teachers on a rare occasion. For example, last year, I had one list that included Sherlock HolmesAlice in WonderlandFairest of All by Serena Valentino, and three others. In the end, I ended up reading Alices Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass by Lewis Carrol. 

2. You're halfway through a book and you're not enjoying it. Do you quit it or you committed to it? 

  If I bought the book with my own money (or parents' money) then I feel obligated to finish it. I don't like to waste money so I feel like I'm obligated to finish it. If the books from a library then I'm fine with just putting it down.

3. The end of the year is coming and your so close, but so far away from finishing your Goodreads reading challenge. Do you try to catch up and how? 

  I probably won't try to catch up because I won't want to speed read through all these books or skip to shorter books instead of reading what I want to read. Thankfully, I already beat my reading challenge for this year. I have currently read 52 books (coming up on 53), beating my goals by 2 books.

4. The cover of a series you love DO. NOT. MATCH. How do you cope? 

  I don't. I can't stand when that happens. Instead, I wait until the whole series is over and buy all the books in matching covers. I'll go and find the completed series and read those before starting new ones.

5. Everyone and their mothers love a book you really don't like. Who do you bond over with shared feelings? 

  Everyone is going to hate me for the example I have planned but it's ok. If I don't like a book then I'll talk about it with my friends even if they do like the book. We'll share our feelings about it and respect each other's opinions. So most of my friends love the Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling. I, on the other hand, am not a big fan. Yes, I know you may gasp now. Oh! I don't like Harry Potter! How evil I must be! I have heard it all before.

6. You're reading a book and you're about to start crying in public. How do you deal? 

  If I'm reading in public, I'll probably be in school. When I'm going to cry, I'll put my own book down and just pick up the book I'm reading for class. Usually, the boredom from my class book always washes away the tears.

7. A sequel of a book you love just came out, but you've forgotten a lot from the previous novel. Will, you re-read the book? Skip the sequel? Try to find the synopsis on Goodreads? Cry in frustration? 

  I will probably reread the ending chapter of the last book and if that doesn't work, I'll look up the full summary of the book. Hopefully, by then I know what happens.

8. You do not want anyone. ANYONE. borrowing your books. How do you politely tell people nope when they ask? 

  I am totally fine letting my close friends borrow my books, but I am not shy when telling other people not to touch my books. If people ask, I'll just tell them NO. Then, I'll explain to them how I don't want their grubby fingers all over my precious books.
  

9. Reading ADD. You've picked up and down 5 books in the last month. How do you get over your reading slump? 

  I will go back and reread old books that I loved until I'm ready to start a new book.

10. There are so many new books coming out that you're dying to read. How many do you actually buy? 

  I buy all of them! I have no budget! I will gladly go and empty my whole parent's wallets on these books! Or if we're being real here, I go to the bookstore with one parent, pick up a book, then go to the other parent, pick up a different book and then do the whole thing again next week!

11. After you've bought the new books you can't wait to get to, how long do they sit on your shelf before you can get to it? 

  It depends on the mood I'm in really. I have some books on my TBR shelve that's been sitting there for three years and some that have been there for only a month. And sometimes there are other books I want to read more than the others. 

~~~~

Related image

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My 5 Favorite Quotes From Clap When You Land

Fairest of All by Serena Valentino

Bloom by Kevin Panetta