My Contrary Mary by Cynthia Hand, Brodi Ashton, & Jodi Meadows

 Mary is the queen of Scotland, but she's spent almost her entire life living in France. She's also spent her entire life hiding the fact that she is an eðian. Mary can turn into a mouse. In a kingdom ruled by Verities, it's a secret that could cost her her head. Aristotle (call her Ari) Notredumos thought being one of Mary's ladies in waiting would be the perfect way to secure her position in court, but she never thought she would stumble into a plot that could change France's fate. Francis is Mary's betrothed and one of the few people that know her secret. When the king of France dies in a suspicious "accident," Mary and Francais are thrust into a world of conspiracies and treason.

I have always been a fan of Mary, Queen of Scots. This whole era of royalty is something I always enjoy learning more about. I was so excited to finally get a novel about Queen Mary from the Lady Janies! These authors never cease to amaze me with their astounding stories. Their books are always so much fun.

My Contrary Mary has all the humor of the My Lady Jane series. When I say this book is funny, it's an understatement. I loved all the references in this book too. This quirky book is perfect for all historical fiction fans! This was such an enjoyable read.

Mary was such an amazing character. I loved her growth throughout the novel. She goes through so much loss and a lot of adversaries but she still manages to stay strong.

I loved Ari. One of my favorite parts of this book was that she could be out and proud with her girlfriend and nobody cared. I loved that Ari and Liv didn't have to hide their relationship from everyone! In my opinion, Ari really is the best seer. I mean, who else could have predicted The Terminator or even Frozen?

I love how the authors rewrite history with each of their books.

If you loved My Lady Jane as much as I did, you'll be so excited to know that Jane, G, and Edward make their own appearance in this novel! I was so excited to get to read about them again.

Page count: 512 pages

Published: June 22, 2021

Genre: fantasy, historical fiction

Series: Mary book 1

My rating: 4 stars

~ ~ ~

Also by Cynthia Hand, Brodi Ashton, & Jodi Meadows:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My 5 Favorite Quotes From Clap When You Land

Fairest of All by Serena Valentino

Bloom by Kevin Panetta