12 Months, 12 Series

 In January, I challenged myself to read 12 book series this year- one each month. I'm so excited to say I completed the challenge! Here are the 12 series I read in 2021.

January: My Lady Jane

The My Lady Jane series is hilarious. One of my favorite things about it is it can be read in any order. I love everybody these authors write together and I can't wait for their next one about Mary Shelley.

My Lady Jane synopsis:

Lady Jane Grey didn't plan to get married. But she does anyway. Edward knows he's dying so he arranges to marry Jane off to Gifford (but he likes to be called G) so he can have an heir. Jane and G aren't thrilled at first. And Janes is even less thrilled when she finds out that G is an Eðian. G turns into a horse every morning at sunrise. It isn't long before Edward, Jane, and G find themselves in the middle of a conspiracy that will change England forever.

My reviews

February: Dread Nation

The civil war with zombies. What could be better?

Dread Nation synopsis:

 Jane McKneene was born a few days before the dead began to rise. After the Civil War, zombies took over the planet. Humans live in fear of the plague. Thanks to the Native and Negro Reeducation Act, Jane attends a school that teaches her how to fight off and kill the zombies. When families around Baltiom go missing without a trace, Jane and her friend Kate discover a terrible conspiracy that will change her life forever.

My reviews

March: Asylum

Asylum was spooky but the series got progressively worse.

Synopsis:

Daniel Crawford is spending the summer doing the New Hampshire College Prep program (NHCP). NHCP is the chance of a lifetime. When Dan arrives he finds out that the normal dorms are closed and the students are forced to stay in the Brookline Dorm, which was formally a psychiatric hospital. In other words, Dan is staying in an insane asylum. At Brookline, Dan ends up meeting Abby and Jordan. Together the three discover secrets that will change their lives forever.

My reviews

April: Red Queen

Red Queen was great. Though the first book in the series was the best, I enjoyed them all. I also love Maven so much no matter what anyone says.

Red Queen synopsis:

  Norta is divided by blood. Those with silver blood rule with their special abilities while those with red blood are forced to be servants. Mare Borrow, a Red girl, lives as a street smart thief in her poor town of the Stilts. In a strange twist of fate, she finds herself wielding a dangerous power. Soon, Mare is living among the Silvers, the people she hates most. But behind the eyes of the public, Mare holds a secret that can get her killed. She has also caught the eyes of two brothers and struggles to choose which one to give her heart to. With a rebellion on the rise and the nation at the peak of the war, is this really the best time for Mare to live among the Silvers?

My reviews

May: Caraval

Out of all the book series I read this year, Caraval was my favorite. I can't wait to read Once Upon a Broken Heart too.

June: Shadow and Bone

After watcing the Shadow and Bone TV show, I had to read the books.

Shadow and Bone synopsis:

 Ravka is divided by the Fold, a shadow casting the land beneath it in darkness. The Fold is also home to volcra, dangerous flying monsters. Alina Starkov has never felt like she belongs. When her regiment is attacked, Alina reveals a hidden power that she didn't even know existed. A power that could be settling a war that's been going on for centuries.

My reviews

July: Six of Crows

Another series making it onto my favorites list is Six of Crows. I was expecting this to be overhyped but it wasnt' at all!

Six of Crows synopsis:

 Ketterdam is a busy city full of trade and business. In Ketterdam, anything can be done for the right price. When Kaz Brekker is offered a chance at a deadly heist that'll make him rich beyond his wildest dreams, he knows he can't pull it off alone. Kaz recruits the help of a heartrender, a runaway, a sharpshooter, a spy, and a convict.

My reviews

August: Gemma Doyle

The worst series I read this year is probably the Gemma Doyle series. The only book in the series I really liked was the second one, Rebel Angels.

A Great and Terrible Beauty synopsis:

 After the murder of her mother, Gemma Doyle is shipped off to Spence Academy in England. Gemma starts getting strange visions of the future. To make things worse, a strange man has been watching her. As Gemma embraces her newfound power, she starts to uncover the dark secrets surrounding Spence.

My reviews


September: Arc of a Scythe

Scythe synopsis:

There is no hunger. No poverty. No disease. No death. The human race has conquered all of that. In a world with no problems, Scythes have the job of killing people. Rowan and Citra are both apprenticed to a Scythe. Neither one wants to kill for a living, but they have no choice but to accept. They soon learn not only are their more sinister things going on behind the scenes but failure could mean the end of their life.

My reviews

October: 48 Hours

I was in a huge reading slump in the fall but in October I managed to get through the 48 Hours series.

November: Stalking Jack the Ripper

Though a little overhyped, Stalking Jack the Ripper was a good book.

Stalking Jack the Ripper review:

 Even though she was born into a life of wealth and privilege, Audrey Rose Wadsworth wants nothing more than to study forensics. And maybe catch the infamous Jack the Ripper. With the help of her uncle's assistant, the dashing Thomas Cresswell, Audrey Rose must catch Jack the Ripper before he claims his next victim.

My reviews

December: All I Want for Christmas

All I Want for Christmas is cute, but not something I would recommend.

All I Want for Christmas is the Girl Next Door synopsis:

 Graham has been in love with the girl next door ever since she moved in. The only problem is she's been dating his best friend, Jeremy, for the past two years. Then, one night, everything changes as Graham makes a wish on a shooting star. All he wants for Christmas is Sarah Clarke. And his wish comes true. When Graham wakes up the next day, he finds that he's been dating Sarah for the past two years. Graham's wish would have only come true if he and Sarah were meant to be together, but he and Sarah bring out the worst in each other. Not to mention Graham's falling for the new girl in town. 

My reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My 5 Favorite Quotes From Clap When You Land

Fairest of All by Serena Valentino

Bloom by Kevin Panetta