Hollow City by Ransom Riggs

 After escaping Miss Peregrine's island, the children are at a loss. They have nothing but the clothes on their back. After finding out that all of Peculiardom are in danger, it's up to Jacob and his friends to save Peculiars around the world.

First off, the ending was amazing! I love plot twists! Despite how great the ending was, the majority of Hollow City was pretty dull. There wasn't nearly as much action as there was in the first book of the Miss. Peregrines Peculiar Children series. 

One thing that I love about this series is the photographs included in the book! They're so cool and creepy and really make the story come alive.

Something I do want to talk about is the fact these books are sold as "horror" books when infact there's nothing scary about this series. Sure the covers are a little creepy but the book itself is more of a typical fantasy. 

I think out of all the books in this series, Hollow City is probably my least favorite. I remember being really disappointed the first time I read this book because since book 1 was so great and I was expecting book 2 to be just as great but sadly that wasn't the case. 

Page Count: 428 pages

Published: February 24, 2015

Genre: Fantasy

Series: Miss Peregrines Peculiar Children book 2

My Rating: 3 stars

Buy this book

~ ~ ~

Also by Ransom Riggs:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My 5 Favorite Quotes From Clap When You Land

Fairest of All by Serena Valentino

Bloom by Kevin Panetta