The Bad Beginning by Lemony Snicket

If you like joyful stories, I would recommend checking out another book for the tale of the Baudelaire orphans is no happy tale. After losing their parents in a tragic fire, Violet, Kalus, and Sunny Baudelaire are sent to live with Count Olaf. They soon discover Olaf is after the Baudelaire fortune and will stop at nothing to get it. Soon, the Baudelaires find that their lives are in danger due to Olaf's frightening plans.

The audiobook was amazing! It was fully cast and I love that each character had a different narrator. This melancholy tale was full of mystery and I loved it. I also loved the Netflix series so much. I think this might be one of the rare instances where I like the show better than that the TV show is so much better than the movie though.

At some points, The Bad Beginning would get a little slow but for the most part, I found the book thoroughly entertaining. I love all three Baudelaire orphans and I can't help but care for their tale.

A Series of Unfortunate Events is such a creepy series. At the beginning of each book, there is a letter written to Beatrice and I remember the first time I was watching the show, I was so eager to put together the mystery of Beatrice and Lemony's past. 

Page Count 176 pages

Published: September 30, 1999

Genre: Mystery

Series: A Series of Unfortunate Events book 1

My Rating: 3 stars

Buy this book

~ ~ ~ 

Other books by Lemony Snicket:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My 5 Favorite Quotes From Clap When You Land

Fairest of All by Serena Valentino

Bloom by Kevin Panetta