Lost in the Never Woods by Aiden Thomas

 It's been five years since Wendy's brothers, John and Micheal, have gone missing. Now, kids in her small town have started disappearing without any explanation. When these strange circumstances hit the news, questions about Wendy's brothers start to resurface. In an attempt to escape all the questions and uncertainties, Wendy almost runs over an unconscious boy in the road. A boy named Peter who pulls her deeper into this mystery.

I loved this book! Aiden Thomas's debut novel, Cemetery Boys, had me wanting more and he really delivered with Lost in the Never Woods. This book was everything! It was dark and twisted and defiantly my favorite take on Peter Pan. Scratch that, it's my favorite retelling.

I think Aiden Thomas portrayed Peter Pan perfectly. There were those little moments where Peter would just start making flower crowns or do anything else off-track. One moment that I loved was when Wendy and Peter were talking about tracking down the missing kids and in this very serious conversation, he asks for ice cream. I feel like that was such a Peter Pan thing to do.

Lost in the Never Woods had me hooked. As soon as I picked it up, I couldn't put it down. All I wanted to do was dive deeper into the mystery of missing kids.

There were so many different emotions in this book! Every time Wendy mentioned her brothers, I got so sad! It was amazing how quickly the mood changed, but it worked so well. I think I even grieved a bit. My heart ached at so many different scenes involving Peter and Wendy.

And that ending! My heart!!!

Page count: 384 pages

Published: March 23, 2021

Genre: fantasy

My rating: 5 stars

Buy this book!!!

~ ~ ~

Also by Aiden Thomas:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My 5 Favorite Quotes From Clap When You Land

Fairest of All by Serena Valentino

Bloom by Kevin Panetta