War Storm by Victoria Aveyard

 After witnessing Cal's stunning betrayal, Mare is determined to protect her heart above all else. With the Lakelander army on his side, Maven's power only seems to be growing. Allied with Norta and Montfort, is finally time for the Scarlet Gaurd to rise red as the dawn and end this war once and for all.

I liked War Storm. It's not my favorite book in the Red Queen series but not my least favorite either. I love that there were so many different POVs. It definitely added to how much I enjoyed the book. I got to read from Mare, Evangeline, Iris, Cal, and Maven's prespective.

I think Evangeline's chapters were my favorites. Her romance with a certain character who shall remain nameless ('cuz spoilers) was adorable. I definitely wanted to see more of it and it was much more interesting than the whole Cal and Mare thing.

I really enjoyed Maven's two chapters. I wasn't expecting to get to read his perspective, but I love that Victoria Aveyard chose to include it. His chapter made me so sad for him though! I would have liked him to get redemption at the end. I JUST WANTED HIM TO BE HAPPY!

I put off reading War Storm for a few weeks just because the book is so massive (almost 700 pages). The beginning seemed slow so I switched over to listening to the audiobook which helped me a lot while trying to make my way through the book.

I think War Storm wrapped up the series well enough, but I still have a few lingering questions. 1) How did the newbloods come to be? We spent all this time talking about how Silvers are the only ones with powers (which like I'm not even sure how they got their powers in the first place but whatever) and red's don't have any powers. Then Mare and all her other red friends show up with powers and like how? How did that happen?

Page Count: 662

Published: May 15, 2018

Genre: fantasy, dystopian

Series: Red Queen book 4

My rating: 4 stars

Buy this book

~ ~ ~

Also by Victoria Aveyard:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My 5 Favorite Quotes From Clap When You Land

Fairest of All by Serena Valentino

Bloom by Kevin Panetta