Glass Sword by Victoria Aveyard

 Mare Barrow has red blood. But she has silver abilities. There are others like her out there. She now joins forces with the Scarlet Guard. Mare only has days to find the other New Bloods and train them. But Maven is also after the New Bloods. And he will make sure every one of them is dead.
    I love Cal! I know in the first book I was totally on team Maven but after seeing more of Cal and Mare, I ship them. Cal cares so much and they are adorable together. Another couple in this book that I'm totally in love with is Farely and Shade! They are such a good match!
    I cared so much for the characters in Glass Sword. I found myself cheering on Mare during fight scenes and weeping over other characters. I was also so happy that Mare got to reunite with her family. There are so many emotional moments in this book. Victoria Aveyard is definitely the type of author that will destroy you with character deaths.
    One thing that I did notice while reading Glass Sword is the writing style was different compared to Red Queen. It seemed so much more formal. Just the phrasing of the sentences made this book sound less like a story and more uptight. Never the less, I am definitely going to continue the Red Queen series. 

Page Count: 444 pages
Published: February 9, 2016
Genre: dystopian, fantasy
Series: Red Queen book 2
My Rating: 3 stars
Buy this book!

~ ~ ~

Other books by Victoria Aveyard

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My 5 Favorite Quotes From Clap When You Land

Fairest of All by Serena Valentino

Bloom by Kevin Panetta