King's Cage by Victoria Aveyard

Though Mare has been taken captive by King Maven, rebellion still burns in her heart. She can't do much confined in the walls of the palace but watch as Maven desperately tries to defeat the Scarlet Gaurd. Meanwhile, Cal trains with the Scarlet Gaurd as they prepare to take back Norta and help Mare escape Maven's cage.
    I like the Red Queen series so much! I really liked that King's Cage was told from three different points of view compared to how the first two books in the series were only from Mare's perspective.
    I didn't like Cameron's chapters because they felt slow and a bit boring. I did like how she wouldn't glorify characters such as Mare and Cal who I love so much that I don't even see their flaws anymore. After her chapters, I was so bored that I found it hard to get back into the book and that's the main reason King's Cage got three stars.
    My favorite chapters actually came from Evangeline. Before King's Cage, I hated her but through her chapters, she's managed to redeem herself. And now I can't help but love her! The stuff we find out about her is so shocking!
    I know he's the villain and technically I'm not supposed to like him, but I love Maven! I'm not sure if this is just me, but I still wish every time they interact, he and Mare will end up together. I know that her heart truly belongs to Cal. I guess they're still a cute couple.

Page Count: 528 pages
Published: February 7, 2017
Genre: Fantasy
Series: Red Queen book 3
My Rating: 3 stars
Buy this book!

~ ~ ~

Other books by Victoria Aveyard:

Comments

nada said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Popular posts from this blog

My 5 Favorite Quotes From Clap When You Land

Fairest of All by Serena Valentino

Bloom by Kevin Panetta