The Evil Queen by Gena Showalter

 Everly Morrow grew up in the mortal world. She was always an outsider, hated by everyone but her sister and mother. In the realm of Enchantia, fairytales are prophecies of the future. After one look through a mirror, Everly finds out she destined to the Evil Queen. Everly doesn't want to be evil. But can she resist the temperature, or will she be consumed by power?

Words can't even describe how much I loved this book. The Evil Queen gave me a whole new love for reading. I can't even put into words how incredible this book was. I couldn't put this book down for a second. I was hooked from the beginning. I loved, I hated. I laughed, I cried. The Evil Queen was a roller coaster of emotion. The cover of this book is also gorgeous like could there possibly be a better cover for this book?

I love all the characters in this book so much! I loved Everly's humor. She said so many things that made me want to burst out laughing. At the same time, there were so many moments when I wanted to smack her with this book.

I also loved Roth from the moment I met him. Not even five pages into the prologue and I was already swooning over him. He and Everly were such a cute couple and I was shipping them the whole time. Also, there's a lesbian couple and that just adds to how much I love this book. 

I never really enjoyed the original movie of Snow White, but Gena Showalter’s version was just wow. Never has there been a fairytale retelling this good. The Evil Queen is defiantly one of my favorite books of 2020. Without a doubt, I want to read The Glass Queen.

Page Count: 544 pages

Published: June 25, 2019

Genre: Fantasy

Series: The Forest of Good and Evil book 1

My Rating: 5 stars

Buy this book

~ ~ ~

Also by Gena Showalter:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My 5 Favorite Quotes From Clap When You Land

Fairest of All by Serena Valentino

Bloom by Kevin Panetta