Pride by Ibi Zoboi

40399681. sx318Zuri Benitez has lived in her small Brooklyn hood as long as she could remember. With her five sisters, life has been perfect. Until the Darcy boys moved into the mini-mansion across the street.  Zuri hates Ainsely and Darius Dacy instantly. Unfortunately, Zuri's older sister, Jeanne, stars to fall for Ainsely. Darius might be catching her eye too. She's trying to hold onto the Bushwick Avenue she knows but things are changing. The hood is dying and love is blooming.
        Pride is a Pride and Prejudice retelling. Although I've never read Pride and Prejudice I loved this book so much! Zuri wrote poems throughout the book. I don't usually like poems, I thought these ones were beautiful. I loved the romance. The enemies to lover troupe were played out perfectly. The characters were written so well and this is definitely a book I would go back and reread.
        Pride reminded me so much of the musical, In the Heights. In the beginning, Zuri talked a lot about saving the Hood like Unsanvi tries to save the Heights. Janae also reminded me a lot of Nina. Zuri reminded me of Vanessa.
        I listened to the audiobook for Pride. The book was narrated by Elizabeth Avcedo who is an author I really want to read books from.

Audiobook Length: 6 hours and 8 minutes 
Published: September 18, 2018
Genre: Contemporary 
My Rating: 5 stars

~ ~ ~

Also by Ibi Zoboi

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My 5 Favorite Quotes From Clap When You Land

Fairest of All by Serena Valentino

Bloom by Kevin Panetta