12 Days of Christmas Book Tag

  Happy Holidays everyone! I first found this book tag on  Laurens Bookshelf. It was originally created by Lizzie Loves Books though. How the tag works are there are 12 questions and each one corresponds with a different day of Christmas. Well, let's get started.

On the first day of Christmas, my true love sent to me:

A Partridge in a Pear Tree

The partridge stood alone in the pear tree. What is your favorite stand-alone? 

  Image result for the book thief"

The Book Thief by Markus Zusak would be my pick for this question. I recently finished this book and it was amazing. It was such an impactful story and I cried for half of it. I normally don't like historical fiction.

On the second day of Christmas, my true love sent to me:

Two Turtle Doves

Love is in the air! Who is your one true pairing?

Image result for the selection america and maxon"

America and Maxon from The Selection series by Kiera Cass. I loved how their love for each other grew throughout the book.


On the third day of Christmas, my true love sent to me:

Three French Hens

In the spirit of threes, what is the best trilogy you have read?

Image result for matched"

I haven't finished any trilogies yet but, I did start the Matched trilogy by Ally Condie. I do plan of finishing that series in 2020 as well as posting reviews for all three books. 

On the fourth day of Christmas, my true love sent to me:

Four Calling Birds

Since series usually consist of four or more books, what is your favorite series?

Image result for the land of stories"

The Land of Stories series by Chris Colfer is definitely my favorite series. It was so suspenseful and the story was amazing with such great plot twists!

On the fifth day of Christmas, my true love sent to me:

Five Golden Rings

One ring to rule them all! Who is your favorite villain/antagonist?

SPOILER ALERT FOR RED QUEEN

Image result for red queen"

My favorite book villain would have to be Maven form the Red Queen series by Victoria Aveyard. He was so sweet in the beginning and I didn't see that plot twist coming. I shipped him and Mare and was so surprised when I found out he was the bad guy.

On the sixth day of Christmas, my true love sent to me:

Six Geese a Laying

Creation is a beautiful thing. What is your favorite world/world-building?

Image result for red queen"   Image result for the selection"

My favorite fictional world would probably be Norta from the Red Queen series or Illea form The Selection series by Kiera Cass.  Both worlds were amazingly creative and had a rising rebellion. Though both dystopias were not perfect, watching the protagonist rise to power was enough for me to want to travel to the world.

On the seventh day of Christmas, my true love sent to me:

Seven Swans A Swimming

Who needs seven swans when all it takes is one good animal sidekick? Who's your favorite animal sidekick?

Image result for the rose legacy"

Florian from The Rose Legacy by Jessica Day George is such a loyal sidekick. Although he may not have had the biggest role in the book, he still ended up saving the day in my opinion. 

On the eighth day of Christmas, my true love sent to me:

Eight Maids a Milking

Milk is so 18th century. What book takes beverages/food to the next level?

Image result for alice in wonderland book barnes and noble"

Lewis Carrol created cakes that make Alice grow bigger and a drink that shrinks her in his book Alice's Adventures in Wonderland. Who could have forgotten that iconic scene? 

On the ninth day of Christmas, my true love sent to me:

Nine Ladies Dancing

Dancing is just one skill of a lady! Who is your favorite kickass female lead?


Kate from Onyx and Ivory has gone through so much and she still manages to be amazing. She is stubborn and headstrong and believes in herself. I can't think of anything more kickass than that.

On the tenth day of Christmas, my true love sent to me:

Ten Lords A Leaping

How about your favorite leading lad?

Image result for the beast within book"

While selfish and arrogant, the Prince from The Beast Within by Serna Valentino is my favorite male protagonist. This book was a retelling of Beauty and the Beast from the Beast's point of view and he wasn't always the self-obsessed prince we meet at the beginning of the movie. 

On the eleventh day of Christmas, my true love sent to me:

Elven Pipers Pipping

What is your favorite book or bookish thing with musical influence?

Image result for best night ever book"

Best. Night. Ever has a lot of musical influence since the book circles around the members of the band, Heart Grande. 
My review of the Best. Night. Ever.

On the twelveth day of Christmas, my true love sent to me:



Twelve Drummers Drumming

Drum roll please.... what is your favorite read of the year?

Where do I start? It's so hard to just choose one! I would maybe choose The Land of Stories: Worlds Collide by Chris Colfer, Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard, Onyx and Ivory by Mindee Arnett. All three of the books were amazing and I could go one about them forever. 

Happy Holidays!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My 5 Favorite Quotes From Clap When You Land

Fairest of All by Serena Valentino

Bloom by Kevin Panetta