Hunting Prince Dracula by Kerri Maniscalco

 Before Audrey Rose and Thomas could even get to Bram Castle, rumors that the infamous Vlad the Impaler is back start to spread. When they get to the castle, weird things start happening. Students at the prestigious forensic school turn up dead, secret passages leading to underground tunnels, and more lead Audrey Rose and Thomas to their next mystery. 

This morbid series gets even better. The writing is creepy and eerie. Hunting Prince Dracula was just as amazing as Stalking Jack the Ripper. I didn't see that plot twist coming! Kerri Maniscalco creates such amazing mysteries. I couldn't put this book down! I love how the mystery itself pulled from the original Dracula story.

The characters in this book were great. I really hope Dacina comes back in the last two books. I love all of Thomas and Audrey Rose's interactions. Their banter is so cute but their up and down relationship is starting to get a little tiring. I am starting to ship them though!

One of my favorite characters is Thomas Cresswell. He just comes out with the best things. I wasn't totally in love with this character when I read Stalking Jack the Ripper, but by the time I finished reading this book, I love him.

Another thing I love about this series is the setting. While Stalking Jack the Ripper took place in Victorian London, Hunting Prince Dracula took place in Romania. The castles were amazing. Kerri Maniscalco's writing was so enchanting that I want to go to Romania and visit Bram Castle.

The feminism in this book too! Between Audrey Rose and Darcina, I totally forgot this was 1800 sexist Europe.

The only thing that let me down a bit was Audrey Rose's confrontation with the killer. It felt really short-lived and I wasn't super satisfied with it.

I would definitely recommend reading this series in October. Its macabre aesthetic is perfect for Halloween.

Page count: 448 pages

Published: September 19, 2017

Genre: historical fiction, mystery

Series: Stalking Jack the Ripper book 2

My rating: 4 stars

Buy this book

~ ~ ~

Also by Kerri Maniscalco:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My 5 Favorite Quotes From Clap When You Land

Fairest of All by Serena Valentino

Bloom by Kevin Panetta